Tuesday, September 29, 2020

MY FUTURE, MY AMBITION, AND MY GOAL


    Future is what everyone worrying about. Although you shouldn't worry much about the future, because the present is still important, still, we should plan ahead and have a bright future.

    Living with joy, dying without regrets, is my go-to motto. Once I saw someone working very hard in the present for the exchange of bright, relax future. The person I mentioned now is very rich and have a happy, relaxed life for her youth. 

    When I saw what she accomplished, I thought "That makes sense, I should do that too". But after thinking it again, that is a very risky move. Will I be able to diligently work very hard and not even a second take a chance to have a long break? Is there a guarantee that I'll live long enough to enjoy my hard work?

    And even if I work very hard and there is a guarantee that I'll live long enough to enjoy it, when should I stop? Is it when I get Rp. 1 Million? 1 Billion? or when I get that wage per month? When do I stop? Or specifically, How do I decide when I am satisfied?

    That's why I will get a stable job, no risk but high guarantee. But there's no point in getting that job if I'll just work hard and not enjoy it in the slightest. So a job that's suitable for me, what is it?

Well for starters, I'm good at technology, English, possibly entrepreneurship. What do we get? First, a developer profession. The one that makes software and stuff, it's a stable job and I like making software for enjoyment. Unfortunately, it's a high bar job. Only the best of the best can make the cut, and the best university for that in Bandung is ITB at STEI major. And I heard it's very hard to major in STEI, and I even haven't talk about getting into STEI.

Secondly, what my mother suggested is Digital Marketing. It requires marketing skill and technology skill, and as luck would have it, I have the qualifications to even dream about taking the job. For now, my ambition is set on taking digital marketing, now I need motivation to diligently study hard.  


We should have ambition, and no repentance when we are at our dying breath.

Thank you for coming to my TED-Talk. See you when I see you

No comments:

Post a Comment